Saturday 20 October 2012

Welcome!

Since having a baby just over a year ago, I've kept thinking about starting a mummy-blog. I've resisted until now, for two reasons, or possibly three! Firstly, until July, I've spent the last two years writing a blog about the book list I was working through, and one blog seemed like enough. Secondly, there are so many people out there writing about parenthood, and I didn't particularly feel qualified to add to it. And finally...who has time?!

So, what's changed? Obviously, I finished the list - I will still blog about books from time to time but at the moment I don't have the time or the energy to read much and when I do, to my shame, I'm reading very few books which I care to write about (or confess to reading...). Also, life has changed - I didn't have particularly strong opinions about any of the issues which "mummy bloggers" tended to write about in the first year of parenthood, or didn't want to get involved in them...however, now I've returned to work, I'm starting to work through other questions and issues which I feel more strongly about and therefore feel I have more valid comment to make. I still don't have time, but have been inspired to make time by the "I'm a mum and a..." theme that the brilliant website http://www.storyofmum.com/ has recently been featuring.

My posts will probably be quite random, but I'm anticipating that they will generally be around the themes of gender, multi-tasking and, quite possibly, making life up as you go along!

First proper post to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment