Sunday 25 October 2015

A new blogging project: famous "little black dress" frocks

Those who know me will know that I love a blogging project, especially one which involves a list to work through. I've been dabbling recently with a bit of LinkedIn publishing, so this one has been a bit neglected and due some attention. If my HR insights (ha!) are the reason you're here, you might find more of interest over on LinkedIn...but for the more personal sewing/parenting/random burblings, this is the place to be.

The new project, then. For my birthday, I received a book called "Famous Frocks: the Little Black Dress" (this).

It has patterns for 20 garments based on ten iconic little black dresses - each one, a dress and a variation of some kind. It's a very beautiful and stylish book. I'm ever eager to improve my sewing skills, and this book uses lots of techniques that I've not yet tried...or have tried and failed (buttonholes...I'm looking at you), so I thought it would be a good set of projects to play with.

I can't promise to make all of the garments in the book - I'm not going to spend time and money making dresses that I know I won't wear - but I will have a crack at as many of them as I'm likely to wear, and blog about the process and outcomes. A very long drawn out review of the book, perhaps!!

First: Coco Chanel. Watch this space! Fabric to source first...

No comments:

Post a Comment